Monday, February 7, 2011

Shoe horn anyone?


 
I am in need of a shoe horn.  You know the old-fashioned ones that seemed to be everywhere when I was a kid. 

Lately, it seems like as soon as my butt connects with the couch, I turn into a total slug.  I spend time watching mindless tv, browsing lots of other blogs and wishing I had the time and talent that so many others out there in blogland seem to have.  I make mental lists of all the things that need to be done or should be done before the baby arrives.  I then of course gravitate to worrying about the baby, if she will come early or if she won't, and how the delivery will all play out. 

At that point it is usually 11pm and I waddle my way downstairs to my little crafty corner and spend an hour or so puttering around without accomplishing anything major.  I then beat myself up over wasting so much time, while knowing that I don't have much time to waste these days.  Then I vow that tomorrow will be different and that I am NOT plopping down on the couch like usual.

Tomorrow comes and you know what.....my heiny is velcroed to the couch AGAIN! 

Aaaaagggghhhhh!  It is a viscious cycle!  And I think the only solution is a giant-sized shoe horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment