Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Losin' it



I am losing it.  In the past few weeks I have.....

*Called my mom the day before her birthday and sang Happy Birthday to her thinking it was the right day.  Ooops

*We now have 25 rolls of paper towels in our basement only because I didn't realize we already had a bunch stashed on the shelf.

*Lost a beloved family recipe that my MIL gave me over the holidays.  Wouldn't be a big deal except that this is the 2nd time I have lost it over the years.  Thankfully, I found it stashed in my wallet (of all places) because I was too embarassed to ask her for it again.

*Didn't think to unlock the door when I went outside to toss out the trash.  And of course, the Little Guy slamed the door shut.  There I was locked out, no shoes, no coat, no cell phone, no extra key stashed under a rock somewhere, eggs cooking away on the stove, daughter playing quietly in her room and son staring at me while I beat away on the door.  Yeah, play that one out in your mind for a bit;  Eggs start to burn, smoke alarm goes off, kids freak out.  Oh boy, it could've been bad, real bad.  Thankfully, I got the attention of my daughter and she was able to get the door unlocked.  She was the Hero of the day, that is for sure.

*Totally spaced my daughter's tumbling/dance class.  I finally remembered when there was only about 15 minutes left of the class.  There was no way I could make it with two kids to dress, bundle in coats and buckle in car seats.  Luckily, she didn't even realize we missed it but I still feel so guilty.

*And even though it doesn't make much of a difference, I am continually screwing up the trash and recycling pickup days.  Last night I told my hubby we needed to get the trash rounded up.  I was thinking that today was Weds not Tuesday.  Anymore, we just laugh about it because it seems like I'm messing it up each week.

None of these things really are a big deal (well, other than getting locked out of the house) but when you group them all together, I really do feel like I'm losing my marbles.  This is the worst case of Mommy Brain I've had yet.  I can only imagine how bad it will be after the baby gets here and I'll be responsible for 3 little ones.  I think I will just have to say a bunch of prayers to get me through the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment