Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Guilty TV pleasures

Okay, we all have them.....tv shows that we would hesitate to admit we like.  No, not THOSE kind of shows.  Not the late night, need to be locked under the parental control setting shows.

Since no one reads this blog anyways, I'll share without feeling ashamed. ;-)  The other night my husband stumbled upon this documentary while channel surfing.

After watching for just a few minutes we were hooked.  It is all about this particular family, the Whites, who live in WV.  And whoa, it was like driving past a pile up on the highway....you'd really rather not look, but something inside of you makes you turn your head to catch a glimpse of the wreckage.  All I can say is wow, it is nothing but a continual parade of drugs, drinking, drama and white trash stereotypes.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not judging these folks.  My husband and I both have some shady characters in our families.  But there was just something about watching this family that drew us in.

You can find more info about this documentary at http://wildandwonderfulwhites.com/.  So if you're looking for something that is both shocking and entertaining check this movie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment