Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What!?! There are only 4 days left til Christmas?

From the title you can tell how I am feeling about the holidays this year.  I thought I was doing so well.  At one point I even found myself saying, "Wow, we've got a few weeks to go and have just about everything done.  No more running around at the last minute stuff this year."  Ha.  Boy, did I sure ever jinx myself by putting that thought out there in the universe for Murphy to find.

Don't get me wrong, nearly all of our shopping is done except for some gift cards for our nephew and brother-in-law.  Half of the gifts are wrapped.  The other half can wait since we going back to the Midwest to visit family after Christmas.  All of the &*F@*(^&*(#&)$* Christmas cards were mailed out today so that *(&(*% job is done  (Can you tell I'm not a fan of cards ;-) 

Barely stir Christmas caramels and cinnamon pretzels were made this afternoon during naptime and are cooling as I type this.  Tonight I plan on baking the chocolate chip cookies I mixed up last night just before midnight.  And if I can fit in a run to the grocery sometime this evening between supper, baths and bedtime, I just might get a chance to make these oatmeal carmelitas that look especially yummy.  I decided this year I wasn't going to go overboard on the cookie/candy-making.  It just sits around, beckoning to be eaten and to be honest at this point in my pregnancy I don't need any blatant temptations.  (A doc appt this week will tell me if my weight is on track or not)

The one project that is hanging over my head and making me a bit anxious is the doll bed from IKEA that I need to sew a canopy and new bedding for.  Santa is delivering this gift so it HAS to be done by Christmas morning.  It shouldn't take long to put together, just as long as I don't screw up and miscut the fabric I have on hand for it.  I really don't have the time to fit in a trip to JoAnn this week.  I've already painted the headboard and footboard and just have to mod-podge some stickers on it. 

When I see it all written down here, it seems doable. (Is that a word? If not, oh well in my vocabulary it is!)  But there are the variables of 2 little kids' temperments at play here.  And my fellow SAHM will attest, if the kiddos are having a bad day, Mommy doesn't get much done and she has a bad day as well.  Oh yeah, and there is always the laundry, cooking and basic household cleaning that will have to get done between now and Christmas too.

Oh wait.  I just remembered one more thing....the gingerbread house we promised the kids.  Ugh, that might be the one project that puts me over the edge ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment