Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Today - Part II

Today I was that wife.  You know, the kind of wife that snaps at her husband, rolls her eyes behind his back, shakes her head when he's not looking.  The wife that isn't appreciative and only focuses on what he isn't doing at the time.  The wife that bursts into tears and declares that "she's had a shitty day".

I was that wife today after my husband came home from work.  The story behind it doesn't matter.  What matters is that I acted like a bit of a brat and a small disagreement took place in front of the kids.  All of this, after we had just had a a heartfelt talk last night about communicating better, being more appreciative, working as a team.  Boy do I feel like a crappy wife, ugh.

An easily forgotten blessing is how God gives us a second chance at the dawn of each new day.  He gives us the gift of making right whatever what went wrong yesterday.  Tomorrow will be a better day, I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment