Thursday, December 2, 2010

Beginnings Are Scary

Several years ago I started a private blog to keep our family up-to-date on all that was happening with our daughter and to share with them family outings.  Well, it didn't take long for me to be bitten by the "blogging bug" and my blogroll gradually started to grow.

I've been kicking around the idea of starting a public blog now for quite awhile.  But there was always some sort of excuse holding me back:  I don't have the time, what would I write about, nobody would read what I have to say, my writing isn't perfect, I don't have enough experience with HTML/templates/formatting, etc.etc.etc. 

Well, I don't know what finally motivated me.  Maybe it was the encouragement of my husband or deciding on the perfect name.  Or maybe it was being inspired by some of the great blogs that are out there.  But here I am filled with excitement and trepidation.  So, I think that a quote from one of my favorite movies, Hope Floats, fits here perfectly.

....beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will...

No comments:

Post a Comment