Friday, March 18, 2011

A week later and still waiting....

I'm still waiting on Baby Girl to make her arrival.  In the past week I have walked a bunch (thank goodness for nice weather these past few days).  But obviously, it hasn't helped.

On Weds. Doc told me I'm 4cm dialated and 80% effaced.  He seemed confident that the big day would come soon.  I was really hopeful that St. Patricks Day would be this little one's birthday.  Especially since our last name is very noticeably Irish.  But as the day stretched on, it was evident that it just wasn't going to happen. 

Today there has been a mood of defeat in the house.  I am just done, tired of the waiting, and becoming increasingly worried that she won't arrive before the scheduled c-section date of March 24.  Hubby is tired of the waiting as well and ready for life to move ahead.  And his parents, who have been here for nearly 2 weeks, are tired of the day-to-day life of 2 kiddos under the age of 4.  They are missing their other two grandkids, which they are used to seeing nearly everyday.  And they are missing their home, I'm sure. 

It's discouraging to wake up each morning thinking this is the day and then going to bed at night without any change at all.  If she doesn't arrive this weekend I think I am just going to accept the fact that I'll end up having a Cesarean.  If I do that then I might be mentally prepared for the surgery and recooperation that follows. 

I'm trying to remain positive because I know that no matter what, in the end we will have a beautiful baby girl to hold and the only thing that truly matters is that she is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment